Buffalo Sabres at Dallas Stars - Game 1 (1999 Stanley Cup Final) [COMPLETE COVERAGE] ⇅
#Stanley Cup Final #Overtime #Buffalo Sabres #Dominik Hasek #Sports
Jason Woolley's goal with less than five minutes to go in the first overtime period gives the Sabres a 3-2 victory in the opening game of the Stanley Cup Final.
Stu Barnes and Wayne Primeau also score for Buffalo, while Dominik Hasek stops 35 of 37 Dallas shots to secure the win in net. Brett Hull and Jere Lehtinen score the Stars goals, with Ed Belfour taking the loss in the Dallas crease.
Coverage of the game includes, - Fox's pre-game coverage, including starting lineup introductions for both teams
- Complete commercial-free Game 1 (opening faceoff at 9:30)
- First intermission including highlights and analysis from Suzy Kolber and Terry Crisp
- Second intermission including highlights and analysis, plus a compilation of the best plays from the 1999 Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Overtime intermission including highlights and analysis
- Fox's postgame coverage, which features an interview with Buffalo defenseman Jason Woolley
- Fox Sports News postgame coverage, which features highlights plus interviews with Buffalo forward Michael Peca and Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff, and analysis from Hockey Hall of Famer Phil Esposito
- ESPN's SportsCenter coverage, which features highlights and sound bites from various players
Game originally played on June 8, 1999 and broadcast nationally on Fox, featuring commentary by Mike Emrick and John Davidson.
#Mike Modano #Brett Hull #Michael Peca #Stanley Cup #Stu Barnes #Wayne Primeau #Jere Lehtinen #Suzy Kolber #Jason Woolley #Dallas Stars #Lindy Ruff #Mike Emrick #NHL #Phil Esposito #Terry Crisp #Ed Belfour #Stanley Cup playoffs #Hockey #John Davidson